Let’s talk about yardwork. The dreaded task that never ends…always something to do, something to take care of. They don’t call it yardwork for nothing, right? I will say though that the sense of accomplishment after taking care of the yard that you actually own is a pretty cool thing. Our rental house had a much bigger yard and let me tell you – we avoided taking care of that yard at all cost. Something about it not really being ours came into play.
A little yardwork humor for ya! Ha!
It’s no secret that I love projects— always itching to do something, make something prettier, nicer, change it up. I also love writing lists…it’s the teacher in me. So of course I created a list of all the yardwork projects that I would *like* to accomplish in the Casual Cape. And anytime I write a list, I have to have the essentials: a cute notebook and my favorite pens!
- power wash/stain/seal deck
- power wash and re-paint shed
- lay gravel around foundation of house in back
- seed, weed, and fertilize grass
- kill/remove ivy and Virginia Creeper vines on fence
- remove azaleas from side of house (ugh MORE azaleas)
- plant ferns on side of house
- cut back crepe myrtle at driveway and corner of house
- window boxes under front windows
- garden bed by deck – plant hydrageas
- re-gravel driveway
- mulch everywhere
- plant liropie along fence in backyard
- replace outdoor light fixtures (front door, lamp post, and side door)
- new mailbox (or just paint/repair existing one?)
- paint front door a fun color
Phew that exhausts me just reading that list! Anyone want to help?!