I’ve been in a reading slump this summer. I’ve only finished two books, which isn’t like me. During the school year I never have time to read, so I always look forward to the summer when I can read all day if I want! So far this summer I’ve checked out a bunch of books from the library, but I couldn’t get into them so I returned them. But you guys, I’m dying to read these books!!
1. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett- I LOVE this author so I can’t wait to read her new one! Highly recommend State of Wonder and Bel Canto by her.
2. I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh – I picked this up at Barnes and Noble the other day it seemed so good, but sad. I also love a mystery and this apparently has a little bit of that in it.
3. The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney – I don’t really know much about this book, other than it’s everywhere this summer. It seems to be THE book of the summer.
4. Imagine Me Gone by Adam Haslett- The sister has been reading this book, and it also has gotten really good reviews. I can’t wait to read it!
5. Don’t You Cry by Mary Kubica – Love this author too. Last summer I read The Good Girl and was obsessed, so I’m excited to read her new book!
6. Pretty and Rich by Rumaan Alam – The sister actually let me borrow this book and told me it was really good. I’ve resisted reading it because it just looks like another “chick lit” type book. I started reading it the other night, and it’s actually really good!
What else do I need to add to my summer reading list? Suggestions welcome!